Dump trucks have a long history of capturing the human imagination since they were first invented way back in 1934. There isn’t a small child around that doesn’t feel the innate desire to get behind the wheel of a dump truck in San Marcos, TX and take it for a ride through the construction site. Here are a few fun facts about dump trucks to feed the brain.
* Las Vegas is home to a real construction vehicle playground that features, among its large collection of machinery, dump trucks that can be driven and operated by both adults and teenagers. Sounds like a great way to get back in touch with the inner child!
* Dump trucks generally have between a half dozen to a dozen tires underneath its body. This is because dump trucks carry such a massive amount of earth and other material in their beds they would be unable to drive any other way.
* The biggest dump trucks in the world can always be found at open-mining sites. As the earth is mined for coal, diamonds, or other resources, the trucks need to be able to carry loads that standard dump trucks would be incapable of.
* The absolute biggest dump truck in the world, featured in the Guinness Book of World Records, is the BelAZ 75710. This dump truck calls a Siberian mine its home and is longer than two buses put end to end and weighs more than a fully-loaded Airbus A380 passenger plane. Its engine is more powerful than six Formula 1 race car engines combined.
* One can find examples of a dump truck in San Marcos, TX in the National Toy Museum. The first dump truck entered the prestigious museum in 2001. Can you guess who manufactured it?
To get virtually any sort of landscaping materials delivered right to the front door via a loud yet cool dump truck, contact Loftin Trucking & Materials LLC. In addition to dump trucks, they have other equipment available to assist in any landscaping project that can be imagined. Contact them today for a quote on price per load or per project.
Be the first to like.