While metal fabrication is a very necessary industry, many may think it a dry or boring subject. This is far from the truth. Here are some interesting and fun facts all about Metal Fabrication Auburn WA.
• If it was not for metal fabrication experts, there would probably be no such thing as NASCAR. Before any car in the sport even gets a chance to race on the track, it will undergo an average of 950 hours of fabrication. This process includes designing and rigging the roll cage in addition to the chassis and suspension. The entire car must be able to hold up to incredible stress on race day, and this can only be done via the strength that quality Metal Fabrication Auburn WA provides.
• The year of 1961 saw the first industrial robot perform its job at a General Motors plant. It was used to spot weld by using a giant arm and relied on a giant magnetic drum to hold all of its instructions. The robot alone weighed in excess of two tons.
• Experts in metal fabrication state that the earliest forms were actually carried out way back in the days of ancient Egypt. Egyptians taught themselves how to bend and form gold into jewelry in roughly the year 4000 BC.
• 1969 witnessed Russian cosmonauts attempting the very first welding project in outer space. This craft would soon be mastered and used to make repairs to satellites and the International Space Station.
• On the opposite end of the spectrum, one of the deepest underwater welds ever was done to a pipeline that ran from Oman to India. The weld was performed at a depth of 11,500 feet under the sea.
• Approximately two million rivets hold together the 18,038 pieces of wrought iron that make up the world-famous Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
To learn more about metal fabrication or to get a quote on a proposed project, contact Specialty Metals, one of the leaders in the industry. Any member of their staff is available to help in any way that they can or one can simply Browse website to get many frequently asked questions answered before moving ahead with plans.