For some time, the standard treatment for the periodontal disease has been gum surgery. Laser Periodontal Therapy in Waukesha WI, is an alternative to that surgery, providing patients with a shorter recovery period and little or no bleeding. This laser-based technique is worth considering as a non-surgical treatment for periodontal disease.
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal Disease in an infection of the gums. Plaque is a bacteria-laden, sticky film that accumulates on and around the teeth causing a gum infection. Initially, the symptoms are swollen, red, bleeding gums and bad breath. The bacteria weaken the teeth by attacking the gums and the bone that supports the teeth. Eventually, teeth will be lost. There is also evidence that this infection can spread through the bloodstream and cause systemic health problems, including an increased risk of a heart attack or stroke.
What are the Benefits of Laser Periodontal Therapy?
This patented, non-surgical laser treatment is actually the conservative way to treat periodontal disease.
* It is less traumatic and less painful.
* It is quicker than standard gum surgery, requiring only two sessions of two hours each, vs. eight to ten one-hour surgical treatments.
* Healing is faster, with no stitches needed because the gums are not cut. The laser fiber is tiny, only as wide as three human hairs. It is inserted between the tooth and gum tissue, painlessly removing the toxic bacteria that cause the infection.
* It is not necessary to take time off from work or daily activities after the Laser Periodontal Therapy. The gums may feel a little sore or tender, and an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory may be prescribed.
* The long-term results from Laser Periodontal Therapy are very good. Reports from some dentists are that up to 98% of patients who received laser therapy were still stable after five years. By contrast, most of the patients who had conventional gum surgery were not permanently cured of Periodontal Disease and would need further surgery.
* If the patient’s insurance will covers conventional gum surgery, they will cover Laser Periodontal Therapy.
Pewaukee Dental has been providing caring dental services to their Wisconsin patients since 1981. If you have periodontal disease and would like to learn more about Laser Periodontal Therapy in Waukesha WI, just call their office or visit their website. Find out if this non-invasive alternative to gum surgery could be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Be the first to like.