Your lawn requires mowing this summer, although not as frequent as during the spring. Regular lawn care in Long Island NY provides you with many benefits that make it worth the effort in the end.
Advantages of Taking Care of Your Lawn
Mowing your lawn in summer offers you two main advantages:
* The aesthetic benefits are immediately noticed
* Helps keep your grass even, neat and short giving you satisfaction for creating an orderly and manicured appearance
Taking Care of the Lawn
Besides mowing, use proper fertilization to keep your lawn healthy. Always use anytime use or summer fertilizers. The fertilizers contain crucial nutrients that are slowly released without causing flush growth, which might require moisture that is not present.
Call AC Landscaping and find out how they can help with your summer lawn care service in Long Island NY and more. Put their expertise to the test and look forward to beautiful results throughout the year.
Other Lawn Care Tips
Here are additional lawn care tips that will help you achieve that healthy lawn you have always wanted:
* After mowing, leave the grass clippings on your lawn to provide extra nutrients for the grass plants
* Ensure you sweep grass material off walkways and driveways and into your lawn after mowing or fertilizing
* Watch out for lawn diseases
* Dig out weeds that find their way into your beautiful garden and get as much of the root as possible. You can also use spot treatment with weed control chemicals
* Even when your lawn is green and lush, be on the lookout for insect infestation. In the event you have more than 6 soil insects for every square foot, it is advisable that you use a chemical treatment
* Once you are through mowing your lawn, ensure that the blade on your mower is not nicked at the cutting edge, and it is sharp. Dull blades tend to shutter leaf blades, making them vulnerable to disease penetration. Always sharpen the blade before the next mowing.
* Use the 1/3 rule when mowing your grass. The rule states that you should not cut more than one-third of your leaf blade
* In summer, mow your grass a little higher to create more shade for the plant’s crown and encourage deeper rooting
* Always mow your lane early in the morning or late in the evening before and after the sweltering heat of the summer midday heat
Visit AC Landscaping for more information.
Be the first to like.