When applicants are denied Social Security Disability Insurance, they typically do not know what to do next. Many people take the wrong actions in order to rectify the situation, or simply give up. The most important thing to remember when you are denied disability is that you are not alone. Many applicants are denied on the first attempt and there are a number of reasons as to why. The following or some proper actions you should take if you are denied disability benefits.
1. Many applicants give up on the process after they are denied for the first time. This is the wrong thing to do. SSDI is highly regulated and denies many first-time applicants. Over two-thirds of the applicants that present their case in court end up being awarded their benefits.
2. Applicants who are denied the first time around do not appeal the decision. If you miss the deadline then you have to re-apply. However, if you are within in the deadline for appeal you can still do so.
3. Applicants tend to leave out important information which hinders their chances of being approved for benefits. You must provide medical history, physical limitations, work history, and anything that is asked of you. SSA will deny your claim if they do not have the information needed to thoroughly review your claim.
4. If you believe that there is a mistake on your original application that caused your denial then you need to move past it and file an appeal. Once the SSA receives your paperwork, it is out of your hands.
5. There are many potential applicants who are in denial about how disabled they are and continue working in spite of it. This could be causing more damage to your health and well-being.
6. One of the most common mistakes made by applicants is that they do not seek representation. Most applicants are unaware of the success rate of claims filed with a knowledgeable representative present in court.
If you need an Aurora disability lawyer in Illinois then you should seek one out before you begin the process of filing. The attorney will be able to help through the process so you do not make any costly mistakes when filing. You do not have to go through the process alone. An attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
The Law Offices of Rabin, Kodner & Brown can provide you with an Aurora disability lawyer who will fight for a positive outcome. Visit their website to learn more.
1 person likes this post.