If a garage door spring breaks, the door is going to be stuck. It will not move, unable to open or close. There is a common misconception that the garage door opener is responsible for opening and closing the door and while this is somewhat true, all the heavy lifting is taken on by the garage door springs. If they are broken, then seeking Garage Door Spring Repair in Mukilteo WA right away is a must.
Garage door springs are wound extremely tight. This means they are under a large amount of tension. In most cases, garage door spring repair in Mukilteo WA is not a DIY job. Serious injuries can occur if a person does not know how to safely work with or handle the spring.
Types of Garage Door Springs
There are several spring options for garage doors. Knowing what type is broken will determine what needs to be done to fix it. Garage door spring types include:
- Torsion springs: If a homeowner has a large garage door that weighs between 400 and 900 pounds, then it is likely that a torsion spring is being used. These will be located on the wall above the door.
- Extension springs: Common on the standard 9 by 7 garage doors, these springs are on a rod that runs across the top of the garage door.
How to Tell if the Garage Door Spring is Breaking or Broken
The most obvious sign that a garage door spring is now working properly is that the door will not open or close. Other signs of a spring that is on the verge of breaking include:
- The garage door stops when opening
- The garage door looks like it is crooked
- The spring appears worn out or separation is present
- The springs look stretched out or elongated
Don’t wait to handle a garage door spring that is breaking or broken. If a homeowner attempts to use their garage door opener without seeking repairs, it will only cause more damage in the long run. To learn more about garage door spring repair, take some time to Contact us. Being informed will help ensure a home’s garage door continues to operate properly and efficiently year after year.
Be the first to like.