Signs it is Time to Call for Professional Electric Service in Wilkes-Barre PA

Posted By : Aubrey Mead , on Nov, 2016

 

Regardless of how old a home is, most electrical issues show signs of a problem long before they get really dangerous. Taking some time to learn about the most common signs of an electrical problem will allow a homeowner to make repairs and prevent serious issues from arising. While there are some electrical problems that can be handled without the help of a professional, others require a skilled touch. Some of the most common signs it is time to call a professional for Electric Service in Wilkes-Barre PA can be found here.

Issues with the Circuit Breaker

A circuit breaker is specifically designed to trip if a circuit becomes overloaded. When the electric supply is shut off, the breaker can prevent wires from getting overheated and possibly starting a fire. Some breakers also trip when they get old. If this occurs from time to time, it may indicate a simple overload. Simply try to plug an appliance into a different circuit. However, if the breaker trips regularly, it is best to consult with a professional for Electric Service in Wilkes-Barre PA.

Electric Shocks

If a person feels a mild tingle or shock when touching an appliance, improper electrical wiring or a ground fault within the appliance may be the cause. If there is a shock after a person crosses a carpeted surface, then it may be the result of static, which is not a cause for concern. However, all other instances of electric shock are serious and need to be addressed by a professional.

Hot Ceiling Fixtures

It is a good idea to check the area around the ceiling light fixtures in a home from time to time for any warmth. Not all fixtures are properly insulated. Also, if it exceeds the maximum wattage for the bulb, it may get overheated. If too much heat is present, it could create a fire hazard.

Keeping electric issues at bay is a big job. Taking the time to recognize there is a problem present is half the battle. In most cases, it is not a good idea to try and tackle electrical issues alone. The best course of action is to call the professionals. More information is available for those who Visit the Site.

Be the first to like.

Share!

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    four × 2 =

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Shares
    Share This