Having to replace a sink anywhere in the home sounds like it would be problematic. However, it certainly does not have to be. Here are some easy do-it-yourself tips for bathroom Sink Replacement in Charleston SC.
- Grab a measuring tape and measure all the dimensions of the old sink. When purchasing a new sink, homeowners will need to buy one that matches the old one exactly. Make sure to measure the sink’s length, width, and depth as well as any countertop measurements.
- Bring the measurements to the hardware store, home furnishings store, or other retail outlet and pick out a new sink.
- After the new sink is purchased and brought home, turn off the water supply to the sink. There is usually a faucet under the sink in question. Test the upper faucets to make sure the water is off.
- After the water is turned off, grab a bucket and a pair of channel-lock pliers. Place the bucket beneath the P-trap and loosen the P-trap with the pliers. Hang the loosened P-trap over the bucket to catch any water and carefully remove it from the sink.
- The next step will be to unfasten the hot and cold water lines found under the sink. A crescent wrench will be needed for this step. After this, it will be necessary to remove the clips that attach the sink to the countertop by using a screwdriver.
- Remove any putty or sealant that remains and firmly, but carefully, remove the old sink from the wall.
- If the faucets and handles are being saved for the new sink, remove them.
- Take the new Sink Replacement in Charleston SC and line it up with the holes and hoses left from the old sink. Take care to place sealant around all hardware.
- Let the sealant dry and the new sink is ready to go. Just remember to turn the water back on.
If all of this sounds like too much trouble or otherwise not something you would want to deal with, a new sink is just a phone call away by calling a reputable establishment such as Preferred Home Services. They can have everything installed with no muss and no fuss.
Like us on Facebook
Be the first to like.