Do You Need Personal Insurance in Wyomissing, PA?

Posted By : Aubrey Mead , on Oct, 2019

 

When you choose health insurance, you may want to find an individual plan to meet your healthcare needs. Everyone is different. Therefore, some people prefer to choose a personal plan for covering healthcare costs.

Buying Your Health Coverage: Rely on Advice From an Insurance Agent

You can buy personal insurance in Wyomissing, PA if you are self-employed and want to enjoy an advantage in this respect. This type of insurance is coverage that you buy on your own; therefore, you should carefully review the plans with an experienced insurance agent. This type of plan is available to people who cannot obtain insurance through an employer.

When you buy personal insurance, you may also use it to supplement the insurance that you receive through a workplace group plan. However you use it, you will find that this type of health coverage today provides you with benefit-rich features.

How the ACA Has Affected Coverage

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has changed how people buy health protection in the form of personal insurance. Due to ACA reform, health insurance now contains essential health benefits and enrollment is restricted to special enrollment or open enrollment periods. That is why you need to understand the insurance law along these lines.

You also need to learn certain healthcare terms before you speak to an insurance representative. For example, you will need to choose a deductible for your insurance plan. The deductible is normally $500 and is the amount that you pay in out-of-pocket costs before the insurance kicks in.

Coinsurance

Coinsurance refers to the amount of the medical bill that you share with the insurer after you pay your deductible. Unless you have a policy that covers everything completely, you will have to pay a coinsurance percentage. For instance, if your bill from the doctor is $200 and the plan covers 80% of that amount, you will need to pay $40 (of the remaining 20%).

By speaking to an insurance broker, you can learn further about health insurance and see how this form of protection, introduced in an individual plan, can support your needs as a self-employed individual or someone who needs supplemental coverage. Check out the options by contacting andersonbrokers.com today.

Be the first to like.
Share!

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    10 − 2 =

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Shares
    Share This