Steps in finding a good real estate agent
If you are going to sell a home in Sparta you will want to find a very good real estate agent. It is highly recommended that you limit your search to those agents who are members of the NAR, National Association of Realtors as they all adhere to a code of ethics. Ask around, ask people who you know have recently sold their home and ask for a referral, pay particular attention to the listings in your area, the realtor who has the listing and how quickly the home is sold. There is no doubt that a Top Real Estate Agent in Sparta who knows your neighborhood will be able to give you accurate and up to date information on what homes equivalent to your s are selling for and what the current market conditions are.
Once you think you have identified an agent that you can work with, don’t sign the contract too quickly. Although the chemistry may seem good between you and the agent, take time to investigate and interview the person, after all, he will be working for you. You will be looking for an agent who is genuinely interested in your home and asks lots of questions. The more questions he asks, and the more answers that he gets, the better job he can do. Here is a short list of questions to ask when you are about to sell a home in Sparta.
- Find out how close to 100% the agent’s list price to sales price ratio is. This ratio is how close to the asking price did the property actually sell for.
- How many homes has the agent sold in the last 12 months?
- What will be the strategy used to market my home, will you use flyers, direct mail, advertisements?
- How well do you know my neighborhood?
- What sets you apart from other agents, why are you different?
- Can you connect me with professional services that I may need to prepare my home for sale?
- If I cancel my agreement with you, what are the policies?
- How much time can you honestly expect to spend on selling my house?
Once you are satisfied with the answers, get copies of the agency listing agreement and the seller’s disclosures. Attempt to negotiate the commission rate and lastly, have your lawyer look over the agreement before you sign it.
If you want to sell a home in Sparta without all of the hassle associated with real estate agents, simply contact them. They will make you a cash offer and if acceptable, the money can be in your hands in 30 days.