Living in off-campus student housing near University of South Carolina offers a lot of freedom, but it also comes with responsibilities. When you’re living with roommates, it’s important for everyone to work together to maintain a safe and clean living situation. You can get together with your roommates to figure out a list of rules that work for everybody.
What Are Some Rules You Might Set During the Semester?
Everyone’s situation is different, but here are a few examples of rules that you might set with your new roommates.
- Figure out how the chores will be divided. Student apartments don’t come with maid service, so you’ll be responsible for sweeping the floors, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the bathroom, etc.
- Give everyone their own fridge shelf or cabinet space that can’t be touched by anyone else. This prevents your roommates from eating each other’s food.
- Designate a certain day or time when you’re allowed to have guests over. Make sure that everyone has plenty of quiet time so they can study.
- Limit the number of guests that each person can have over at a time, if necessary.
- Make sure that everyone exchanges contact information so you can get in touch with each other.
- Figure out who pays for bulk ingredients, cleaning supplies, streaming services, and other goods that you need for your apartment.
Contact Riverside to learn more about off-campus student housing near University of South Carolina.
Be the first to like.