What to Do When You Need an SR-22 in Mundelein, IL

Posted By : Aubrey Mead , on May, 2017


When you are convicted of some kind of driving infraction, you might need a document to be able to have your license reinstated. Depending on the nature of the problem, the judge or the court might essentially cease to trust you. A few of the most common reasons that your license might be suspended are repeated DUIs or failures to have automobile insurance. If you have repeated failures, you could lose your license for some time. Then, to have it reinstated, a judge might require that you submit an SR-22.

What Is It?

You will need to prove that you have automobile insurance to get your license back; the judge will no longer take your word for it and needs some kind of outside proof. An SR-22 in Mundelein, IL is an official document from an automobile insurance company that verifies that you have insurance.

You can click here to see how to get this document to prove your level of insurance. The document itself is not insurance, however; it is simply a separate form of proof of insurance.


The SR-26 is the inverse of the SR-22; should your coverage lapse, the insurance company is required to send an SR-26 to the court saying that you have ceased to be covered by insurance. Insurance companies are punished if they do not send those memos with proper haste; therefore, they are very vigilant about sending them. So, if you want to avoid an SR-26, you need to make sure you get your proof of insurance in order.

You need to go to the website of a quality insurer who sends instant verification; that is very important. Some insurers take a very long time to get their memos sent to the court. If you need one, you need one in a hurry. You shouldn’t have to wait.

Be the first to like.


    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Pin It on Pinterest

    Share This