Everyone has the tendency to experience some sort of neck pain every now and again. It could take place in the morning after you have slept on it the wrong way or after the end of a long day at work. You turn your head from one side to the other and it hurts pretty badly. There is a major difference between a neck that is stiff and one that causes you to experience a lot of pain. Knowing when to go and see a chiropractor will help you to decrease long-term pain in your neck and back.
Seeing a Chiropractor
If you have already tried at-home exercises and have made the necessary changes to help your neck and you are still in pain, you need to see a chiropractor right away. A chiropractor is someone who specializes in back and neck pain After x-rays are performed, they will be able to diagnose the problem and help to restore movement in your stiff joints. Sometimes they perform chiropractic adjustments and recommend physical therapy. Here are some signs it is time to see a chiropractor:
* You have been experiencing the pain for 3 days or more
* You cannot turn your head to the side without severe pain
* You are taking over-the-counter medications to get through the day
* You are worried that there might be something seriously wrong
* You have started to feel tingling or numbness in your wrist or hands
* You have recently had a car accident
* Your pain starts off bad in the morning but gets better later on
If you need to see a chiropractor, Chicago Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centers are a team of expert chiropractors in Lincoln Park who can help you through your severe neck pain. If your pain is not getting better, it is time to see a chiropractor right away.
1 person likes this post.