Chances are you don’t really thing about your tires until there is some type of issue. However, there are lots of reasons that you should give your tires some attention now, prior to finding yourself stranded on the side of the road. Before you go shopping for a Discount Tire in Broken Arrow, you should understand they are not all created equally. Some things to look for when purchasing new tires are highlighted here.
Be Certain You Need New Tires
Look at your tires. If you notice excessive wear on the tread, sidewalls that are cracked or bulging and discoloration, it is likely time you purchased a new set. Additionally, if you have tires that are over 10 years old, then it is a good idea to replace them even if they appear to be fine since rubber will deteriorate when exposed to oxygen.
Decipher the Code on Your Tire
One of the most confusing aspects of purchasing a quality Discount Tire in Broken Arrow is deciphering tire codes. However, these are standardized, which makes it fairly easy to figure out what you need.
1. The first letter indicates the purpose of the tire: P for passenger vehicles and LT for light trucks are the most common.
2. The three digit number that comes next is the width of the tire in millimeters.
3. The two digit number that comes next is the aspect ratio.
4. Next is a letter, usually R, that indicates the radial construction.
5. The next two digit number is the diameter of the wheel the tire will fit.
6. The tires speed rating, displayed by a letter, comes next.
These are the only numbers and letters that you will need to be concerned when purchasing a new tire and when you provide them to the shop you are using, they will be able to determine exactly what you need.
Purchasing the right size and type of tire is essential in ensuring your vehicle handles properly. Tateboys.com has a large selection of tires and the professionals on site can help you find the one that best suits your needs. Keep this in mind the next time you need to purchase tires.
Be the first to like.