When you look at the numbers, it’s easy to see that the odds weigh heavily in favor of CFL lighting, for low- to medium-bay construction environments. Here’s why fixtures like Engineered Products Company’s (EPCO) TIGRESS 105-watt CFL Temporary Light Fixture rank above metal halide fixtures:
• CFL lighting uses less than 1/2 of the total energy of a metal-halide lamp.
• A 105-watt CFL lamp is 3-5 times more energy-efficient than an incandescent bulb.
• A 105-watt CFL lamp can last up to 10 times longer for maintenance savings.
• Less CFL lamp decay than metal halide lamp.
• Low weight, compact design for easier installation.
• Zero wait for restart in the event of a power outage.
• Reduced mercury pollution.
1 person likes this post.