When a person dies, it is up to family members to arrange the Burial Services. However, this can be quite an emotional time that makes it difficult to make the best decisions for the family or the deceased. Some tips that will help family members with the process of burial and making all the important choices that go along with it are highlighted here.
A Personal Decision
When a person dies, there are essentially two options for their remains: burial or cremation. There are quite a few personal reasons to select Burial Services over cremation, which include:
* Geographical or religious preferences
* Aversion to the “burning” of the person
* The wish to have a monument created for the person
* The desire to have a location to visit
Costs and Decisions Related to Burial
If a burial is selected for the deceased individual, then there are a number of additional decisions that are going to have to be made. These includes:
* Is the body to be embalmed?
* What is the right type of casket or is a burial vault preferred?
* Is a certain cemetery preferred over another?
* What type of grave marker, headstone, or monument is preferred?
* What words should be put on the monument, marker, or headstone?
It is important to remember each decision that must be made comes with certain costs that will add to the burial expense. Some of the related costs to keep in mind include:
* Choosing of the casket
* Purchasing the cemetery plot
* The cost of the grave marker or headstone
It is also important to keep in mind each cemetery will have a board of directors that sets the prices of the plots, which means prices can vary quite a bit from location to location.
For more information about the burial process and to receive assistance will all the decisions, contact Crown Hill Funeral Home and Cemetery today. Here, you can talk with industry professionals who can help you decide on what you will need to purchase for each option. Doing this can help to reduce the stress associated with making decisions related to the burial of a loved one. You can like them on Facebook.
Be the first to like.