If you are anything like most people in central St. Augustine, you probably do not take the time to check out your roof very often. On your way to work in the morning or on your way home you may catch a glimpse of it, but not enough to see what is really going on. If you take the time to inspect your roof on a regular basis, you will be able to avoid costly damage in the future. Keep reading for some tips on checking for roofing repairs.
Inside the Home
According to the National Roofing Contractors Association it is crucial that you perform a thorough roof inspection in the spring and the fall. The best thing you can do is take your flashlight, head up to the attic, and look for the following four signs of damage:
- Signs that your roof is sagging or sinking.
- Check for leaking or water damage.
- Check for trails or dark spots.
- Look for any light from the outside that may be showing through the roof.
Outside of the Home
Once you have thoroughly checked for any signs of damage on the inside you will need to check the outside. Here are some of the things you should look out for.
- Check to see if your roof is cracked, torn or missing any shingles.
- Look for loose material or any wear-and-tear around the pipes, vents, and chimney.
- Also see if there are any signs of rot or mold due to moisture.
- Check the downspouts and gutters to make sure they are attached properly.
- Take a look at your kitchen, bath, and dryer vents.
If you are looking for high-quality roofers in St. Augustine area, then R&K Certified Roofing of Florida, Inc. can handle the job. Having the best quality roof available can make all of the difference.
Be the first to like.