If you are experiencing a data loss situation, you want to be sure you select the right person to handle the process of getting the data back safe and sound. A forensic computer analyst can handle the repair of failed drives, pulling data from crashed RAID services, and more. However, in most cases, digital forensics is provided for organizations including law firms, law enforcement officials, and large corporate businesses.
Overlap Between Recovery and Forensics
There are many things that both a data recovery expert and a forensic computer analyst do on a daily basis. This makes it complicated and confusing to determine which is the right option for your needs. Forensics experts can do the same tasks as a recovery expert but spend the majority of their time removing data from unmarred storage devices, recovering data from broken smartphones, and retrieving data deleted from devices of various sorts.
Data Recovery Experts
There are a few instances where a data recovery expert is the best option for your needs. If you need to have data retrieved from a crashed server, storage area network, or network-attached storage device, this is the way to go. These professionals are also capable of recovering data after deleting data, reformatting a store device, or reinstalling an operating system. Recovering data from a failed SD card, solid state drive, hard drive, or USB flash drive is also available from this worker.
Forensic Computer Analysts
If you or your recovery situation fit certain characteristics, you are better off working with a digital forensics team. The following situations are some of the possibilities requiring this higher level of service:
- If you are a member of law enforcement who is in need of assistance for a criminal case.
- If you represent a law firm and need help in ongoing criminal or civil litigation.
- If you are a person or company looking for information related to a potential or current criminal or civil case.
- If you have suffered a loss of data due to ransomware and require expert consultation.
- If you represent a corporation and need data related to employee misconduct, employment disputes, or employee exits.
No matter which professional you require, WeRecoverData.com has the team you need. We provide both data recovery and digital forensics and are at the top of the industry. To learn more about who we are and what services we provide, you can reach us at 866-400-DATA.
Be the first to like.