Being injured doesn’t mean you have to cover all of the bills you have as a result if the accident. If the accident was due to someone else’s negligence, they are responsible for making sure you are fully covered financially for the injuries you experienced. To get this compensation, however, you’re going to want to speak with a Personal Injury Attorney in Bethlehem PA. Some of the types of compensation you may be able to receive include:
1. Medical Bills – Beyond just the medical bills you have right now, you may have future medical bills that will need to be covered.
2. Car Repair/Replacement – If your injuries were due to a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for any car repairs or, if your car can’t be repaired, for the replacement value of your car.
3. Physical or Psychological Therapy – Along with the medical bills, you may need compensation to allow you to do physical therapy with a trained physician. If you had emotional or other psychological problems, such as depression, as a result of the accident, you may be able to receive compensation to allow you to seek the assistance of a licensed psychologist.
4. Pain and Suffering – This is an amount that is given to a person for two reasons: to give the person a little extra to help compensate them for their suffering and as a punitive damage amount for the person or business who caused their injuries. The punitive damage is to strongly encourage the person or business to be aware of future similar situations so there are no future cases.
5. Lost Wages – When a person is injured, they often have to take time off from work to recover. This is considered lost wages, and can be included in the compensation so the injured person doesn’t have to worry about getting behind on their bills while they fully recover.
If you’ve been injured, contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Bethlehem PA as soon as possible to see what compensation you are entitled to. Do not settle with an insurance company before speaking with a lawyer, as the insurance settlement is often not enough to help you fully recover. If you need more information on types of personal injury cases or personal injury lawyers, you can look here.
Be the first to like.