When it comes to whitening the teeth, there are a few options to choose from. Although a person has the option of whitening their teeth at home, this is not always advisable. At-home whitening kits can sometimes damage the teeth and rarely offer the brilliant white results a professional whitening treatment can. With Teeth Whitening in Kona, a person can have their stains removed, so their teeth are beautifully white. This information will allow people to be prepared with what to expect.
There are several steps that will need to take place for Teeth Whitening in Kona:
* The first step will involve the dentist using a special pumice-like paste to polish the teeth. This removes some of the surface stains and any plaque or biofilm that may be present, so they do not interfere with the absorption of the whitening agent.
* The dentist will place gauze and retractors in the patient’s mouth so their teeth can be isolated from their cheeks and lips. This is important so the patient does not feel any undue irritation in these sensitive gum tissues.
* Dentists will also place a film barrier over the gum tissue to prevent any of the whitening agents from affecting them.
* There are two types of whitening agents the dentist may use to whiten the teeth. Hydrogen or carbamide peroxide is painted on the front surface of each tooth.
* Some whitening agents require the use of a laser or special light to activate the whitener and improve its whitening ability. Once activated, the whitener will remain in place for thirty to sixty minutes.
* Once the desired shade has been reached or the time period has finished, the dentist will carefully rinse the teeth and then apply a special Fluoride treatment so the patient will not experience any sensitivity.
It is important a patient carefully follows their dentist’s instructions and avoids certain foods and beverages for twenty-hours, giving the teeth pores time enough to close so restaining does not occur.
If you would like to learn more about teeth whitening treatments and how they can improve your smile, visit carteryokoyamadds.com. Call the office of Carter S. Yokoyama D.D.S. and schedule your whitening appointment today.
Be the first to like.