Having pain in the lower back can be one of the most frustrating health issues one has to suffer through. Luckily, there are some very simple ways to prevent this type of pain. Here are a few easy to remember tips on how to prevent Low Back Pain in St Louis.
1. It has been said over and over, but the advice still holds true. Lift with the legs and not with the back. Never bend at the waist to lift anything, even if the object is not very heavy. This places undue stress on the lower back and can cause severe muscle spasms or even strains and sprains.
2. Also while lifting, never twist. This motion should be avoided as much as possible, even entirely if at all possible. Listen to the signals which the body sends. It knows best.
3. Drink water. The majority of the human body is made up of water so it only makes sense that becoming overly dehydrated can cause a wide array of problems within it. Not only does water maximize the cushioning effect of the vertebrae in the spine, but almost every process which takes place in the human body relies upon water.
4. Make sure to exercise on at least a semi-regular basis and pay close attention to the abdominal area. The abs work to help support the back and are crucial in maintaining a strong core. Remember to stretch before and after exercise to keep the muscles loose and limber.
5. Keep the weight of the body at a healthy level. Being at an unhealthy weight can actually compress the spine and cause posture problems. These are both major causes of Low Back Pain in St Louis.
6. Try not to sleep in uncomfortable positions. This may sound obvious, but many people do not pay attention to their sleep and this can cause back problems of all sorts. Also, make sure that the mattress which is slept on gets replaced every seven years. After this amount of time, the mattress will no longer be able to offer the support it was designed to.
If back pain is already present, visit an experienced and caring chiropractor such as those found at the Back And Neck Care Center. Don’t let the spine deteriorate; it will be needed for a lifetime.
Be the first to like.